Lancer Evo VI spotted in SoCal

Interesting sighting at lunch today.. we parked near a Mitsu sedan
with a HUGE, Boeing-esque <and very ugly IMHO> spoiler on the back.
I was about to dismiss it as another misguided ricer ride when I
noticed it had mfr's plates on it.  WTF?  So I wandered over, and
what do we have?  A Lancer Evolution VI, 4WD, Momo wheel, Brembo
brakes, and more, all of which appeared to be FACTORY stuff.  It
was LHD.  When we came out from lunch, 4 guys got into the Evo
and a couple more got into an Olds Aurora - with Michigan plates -
next to it, all talking to each other, and all in suits.  Interesting!
Road & Track is right here in Newport Beach, maybe some kind of
review car??  Who knows.  Anybody heard anything??

-kc-
'99 GTI GLX
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0