Re: Speedo

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 14:34:10 -0600 Brooke Fairbanks <Brooke@minn.net>
writes:
>I would like to know who has a street legal Scirocco that can obtain a
>legitimate 140+ mph?  If you own such a beast, what are the
>particulars of your car?

Particulars:
http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1308/meze.htm

The only real difference is that I had a FN tranny in the car at the time
of my top "speed ever run".

Long story shot as possible, at the time I worked as a Tribal Police
Officer. I got a call at home saying they had arrested somebody who I
tried to arrest for stolen vehicle but got away. (Not my fault, the
rookie "officer" who was holding him while I searched the vehicle screwed
up.) So, I got up, got dressed and headed down to the SDPD detention
center to positively ID the guy.

Afterwards I followed another officer back to the Reservation. We went
I-52 (for those so-cal listers) into Santee. With officer Denke (his real
name) behind me in the Ford Crown Vic , I floored it going down the hill
for which he kept up with me for a little while. He hit me with his radar
and netted a solid 152 mph. Yes, this was a monster hill and we were
already doing 100mph before we crested the hill. I haven't done that
again since then.

Ive run a steady 140 mph drafting a honda from Vegas to San Diego. (got
really bad gas mileage too.)
Straight line speed in my car was probably around 125mph.
Gravity assistance does help where horse power is an issue. I expect
after I finish my engine build (Picking up all the pieces tomorrow.) I
should be able to do 126mph easily!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and