Re: Im back again :)

On Wed, 01 Dec 1999 15:21:58 PST "aventari kevin" <aventari_@hotmail.com>
writes:
>and I think I have a broken piston ring (or rings)..

Say, didnt you tell us you have those fancy smancy "Total Seal Piston
Rings" in your G-ride?

>I did a compression test, and the results were 120, 145, 145, 130. I
>firugred that was okay..

No dude. You want the difference to be somewhere around 135-145.
Something is up with #1 and #4. Did you do a leakdown test?? You should
bring your car to my shop and we'll use my leak down tester
thingamagigee.
When you pulled the head, the valves looked cool?

I wish i knew what the problem was! Any ideas or
>tests i could run??  I was thinking of doing a compression test after
>squirting oil in the cylinders.

Thats called doing a dry compression test, (then squirt the oil in the
cylinder) and repeat the test. Its a good test to find out what the rings
are doing. Since the rings sound like they're the culprit, this will kiss
and tell fo shoo.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and