Re: Im back again :)

<x-flowed>I would love to dyno it, but the problem is that I haven't got it tuned
correctly, and I think I have a broken piston ring (or rings).. I get some
oil smoke when i start the car when it's warm, and I get oil smoke and a lot
of blowby out of the crankcase. when it's warmed up too... The motor is only
a year old, so i know it's not valve guides. I replaced the headgasket
thinking it was blown into an oil passage, but it didn't help at all. I
installed a 16v metal gasket (theyre a little thicker, so I get lower
compression too).  So I'm gonna have to pull the pistons and check the
rings.  I did a compression test, and the results were 120, 145, 145, 130. I
firugred that was okay.. I wish i knew what the problem was! Any ideas or
tests i could run??  I was thinking of doing a compression test after
squirting oil in the cylinders.

Kevin Fry
81 Turborocco