Re: Quick Question with Hopefully a Very Quick Answer(reverse backfire)

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 18:24:12 -0400 "John C. Worden"
<scirocco@midmaine.com> writes:
>Hey everyone,
>I've got the MkI's engine cranking over, fuel pumping, and spark, but
I've
>got a backfire out the airboot into the airbox(luckily I didn't clamp
the
>boot down yet and it just pops off).  I have tried to start it a few
times
>with the same result.  Anyone seen, or know what this is(actually
knowing
>what this is is prefered  :)  )
>Thanks

First, tripple check your firing order is right. Then check the timming.
Its one of the two causing your problem.
Unless its a cracked intake valve........ ouch.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and