RE: Quick Question with Hopefully a Very Quick Answer(reverse backfire)

>Sounds like exactly what happened to me last September, except my boot was
>clamped down.  My neighbors even called to ask is everything was alright.
>Sounded like a gun going off!
>
>Easy solution.  Set the timing - all three points - correctly.  It is so far
>advanced ( retarded?) that the intake valves are open when it fires... and
>KABOOM!
>
>Good luck!
>
>Greg :) (I won't even mention what happened to my nicely painted exhaust
>manifold that day!)

Damn, I thought I had them all right on too.  Oh well.  Thanks a LOT!
Hopefully I'll have her running tomorrow afternoon then.

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'86 Volkswagen Scirocco- 8V, stock
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(Mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V.  The engine is in/
and all electrical is pretty much done.
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)