6'-4" tall and Drivin' My Scirocco

> Actually I'm a measly 6'2" in my '84 and have some head room issues.  I
> transplanted some '87 seats with my '84 skins and that gave me another 1"
> maybe 1.5", but I'm still scraping my head on the edge of the sunroof.   I
> tilt the seat backwards, but that's almost as irritating on account of I
> like to sit up sometimes.   Now, sitting in Neal's '88 is no problem at
> all, but I'm using similar seats, right? My question is, is there anyway
> to get more clearance?   That is, are there lower sitting seats?   I've
> heard Corrado seats sit even lower but before I solicit the list for some
> I want to find out definitely.

Like I said, I am 6'-4" tall, and have no problem fitting into my Scirocco
(with sunroof). On the way home from work today I did a little bit of
half-assed measuring.

I sit with my seat back, pretty far back. I have the seat itself as far back
as it can go, and as low as it can go. I have the back of the seat a good ways
back too. I have it to the point where I can only fit one finger (~1/2")
between the back of the drivers seat and the front of the rear drivers side
seat. When I sit back in this position I have a little bit more then the
height of my fist between the top of my head and the the headliner.

This is a pretty good sized gap if you ask me, enough for a much taller person
to fit into a Scirocco, but at the expense of anyone who would like to sit in
the back seat.

-Marc

'74 VW Thing - http://getty.net/thing/ FORSALE in Philly!
'81 VW Jetta Diesel gone to the scrap heap after 178,000 miles
'84 VW Jetta GLi SLC with only 164,275 miles
'87 VW Scirocco 16 Valve with 165,100 Miles, just got it on 7/2/99