RE: Question? Steering column/wheel -Reply

I only want to achieve better fitment of my knees under the steering
wheel for better access to the pedal for hard driving and more comfort.
I'm not worried about head room or anything else.  Just an extension for
the column or steering wheel so that I can bring my knees closer under
the wheel.  Anyone out there have an idea for this using the stock
setup???????????

>>> "Aaron Ness" <Aaron@makuta.com> 08/30/99 11:01am >>>
I'm 6'4", and although I haven't gotten to drive my 'roc yet, I did bump my
head on the top of the door opening the other day.  I drove my Beetle
every
day for over 4 years without any problem, but there's all kinds of
headroom
in those.  My wife has concerns about getting in and out of the 'roc
(she's
about 5'10" with legs as long as mine), but I don't think the steering wheel
will be too bad once I'm in.

Hopkins