[OIL TEMPS] Interesting Observation

Hey Gang,
	Now that the thread of oil temps has been re-introduced:

	On the way to Waterfest, if you will remember, I freaked out because my
oil temps had crept up to 120'C...

	Well, it turns out that the oil probably wasn't that hot.  I noticed about
a month ago that the oil temp displayed is dependent on the amount of load
on the alternator by my electrical accessories.

For example, last night, I looked down and saw 119'C on the guage.  I
started turning things off, and here's what happened:

Start				119'C
Turn of A/C		118'C
Turn off Blower	114'C
Turn off lights	113'C
Turn off stereo	112'C

The biggest factor is the fan blower.  My guage is usually around 112'C...
if I turn the blower to "4", the guage jumps up around 5'C instantly.  Of
course, as soon as I turn the fan off, it drops jumps back to 112'C

So, for those who are experiencing higher than normal oil temps... it's
probably not really high temps, it's probably because it's summer and your
HVAC blower is taking enough current to screw with the guage.  Try it
yourself and see if your guage does the same thing.

Daun Yeagley's white 16V did the same thing as mine, albeit not so
drastically.  As soon as the cooling fan turned on with the A/C, his oil
temps shot up 2'C... and turning on his blower to 4 increased the indicated
oil temp by 2'C as well.

Hence, I've stopped worrying about my oil temp being so high.  I turn off
all the big juice-suckers and the same values I always used to get...

HTH and YMMV and all that shit
Jason