RE: Warning LED's voltage, Anyone know what it is.

LEDs can be compared to a ball and spring pressure valve, such as used in
our Rocco's injectors.
The injector valve works such that it will open up once enough pressure is
applied, and allow as much fuel through it as available at pressurem up to
some point where there is too much restriction.

The LED will start conducting at approximately 2 volts. It will also attempt
to let the entire current flow available from the battery to go through it.
The result is a very bright flash, and all of the smoke escapes from the
inside of it. If you are lucky, none of it will hit your face!

A resistor is used to limit the amount of current that can flow through the
LED.
An LED wants 10 - 20 mA to be bright and still last a long time. A 1K ohm
resistor will allow 10 mA to flow, a 500 ohm will allow 20 mA to flow.
However, to protect the LED from surges, etc, stay closer to the 1K value. A
quarter-watt resistor should be able to handle the heat (IČ * R), but check
the whole circuit out before installing it, to be sure everything works and
the resistor stays fairly cool.

There are various types of LEDs available. I'm guessing the super-bright,
clear-bodied type would not give false indication in sunlight, yet be very
noticable when lit. Experiment with resistor value at night if they aren't
on a dimmer circuit. They can be blinding if aimed at your face. You can
also sand off the smooth finish on the top part of the LED to make that part
bright when light hits it.

Coffee's wearing off, gotta go...

HTH,

Ron Antaki