Re: $1500 challenge

>From: XXSpArCoXx@aol.com
>
>Its October 1st to 3rd. ~Danny~

Nah, Its September 24 and 25.  There is some sort of Nationals on the old
date, so they moved it.
Friday the 24th is the Drag Race @ Orlando Speed World in Bithlo, FL. About
20miles west of I-95.
Saturday the 25th is the autocross in Palm Bay, FL (sounds nice...) about
100miles south of Daytona- about 100 yards off I-95. The central FL SCCA has
an autoX that Sun, so that's the 'rain date'.

there will be other awards, too...
-best reaction time (1.05 is GOOD, right? I actually did this once- GO
TEAM!)
-FTD @ the autoX
-spirit of the event (this is where the chicken suit comes in...Maybe Ill
get dressed up as Queen Amidala from Phantom Menace...)
-longest drive (you CAN'T win this. I entered a show in PHEONIX and lost to
some nutcase from Germany who brought his car, and a guy from Japan who
brought his car)
-- and my personal favorite... MOST SPECTACULAR MECHANICAL FAILURE! Quick!
Drain the oil!

This is where it gets shitty, tho. The rules:
- Cars must remail road worthy, meaning headlights, winsheilds, taillights,
brakelights, etc. must remain. No single seat or tube frame race cars.
-cars must pass a basic SCCA SoloII safety inspection
-Cars do not have to be built for any specific SCCA class
-Pre-Owned parts (i.e: the set of tires or sidedrafts sitting in your garage
must be 'sold' to yourself at a reasonable market value, and that amount
must be removed from the budget.
-Any excessive travel/delivery costs involved in the car purchase will come
out of the budget.
-If parts are sold off the car, that money goes back into the budget up to
the purchase price of the car. In other words, if you buy a $500 car, you
can recoup up to $500 by selling some parts off it.
-A penalty system will be enacted fro people who spend more than $1500 on
their car.
-Reciepts MUST be presented at the final showdown.
-taunting of other participants is allowed, provided no state or federal
laws are broken.
-spectators are more then welcome
-All cars are subject to a $1500 claim rule, plus a reasonable builders fee.
  Cars may be claimed by any other participant.  tha GRM staff will oversee
all transactions to make sure they are fair to both parties. Basically, we
just want to keep each other honest.
- all ties, questions and disputes will be resolved by the GRM staff, whose
decisions are binding.
-DOT approved tires only (no slicks)
-side windows required at the drag strip.

This was taken from Grassroots Motorsports WITHOUT their permission, so I
hope they dont hunt me down and gut me like a pig.

So, Who wants to go?

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus