Re: 25 MM offset

Fire up the sawzall!

i run 23et on my uGLI.
If you can picture a 84 GLi or GTi, remove the flares- the paint should look
a little weird from where the flares were covering it all those years.  I
used that as a template, and sawed off the entire lip, leaving about .5" for
the flare to hang onto. i attached it with the two bottom screws and some of
that 'dum-dum' stuff the body shops use.  i also had to remove the lip from
the flare itself, and I had to remove the fender liners.

After all that, if Im hard into a corner- and hit a bump, the back still
buzzes a bit.   Where's my saw?

It looks cool, tho- and my wheels were $20- so they were going on one way or
another!

>From: SII2L16V@aol.com
>
>I'm not sure what the deal w/ the offset is but I was wondering if this is
>recommended.  Thanx for any info...

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus