Re: euro cam vs ameri cam

> B4 waterfest I put in a euro intake cam.  I thought I just replace the
> cam with that was also a euro.  I recently put a caliper on it(an nice
> one -friends dad is a machinist)  and  I measured .350 lift.  I called
> tt they sait the euro was .380(or so) and stock .352.  I can't believe
> the cam I had was stock, because it behaved exhactly the same after I
> swapped it.  It feels the same.

    you lost me here.  are you saying that the one you put in the car was
euro, and that you measured the old cam and got .350?  or did you measure
the euro and get .380?

> The car has alway pulled hard to and a
> little past 6500.  I have never been in a stock camed 16v that had much
> past 6000--by there you are just making noise.

    don't be so sure.  i pull hard until 6500, and keep it going to about
6800-7000 depending on how heavy my foot is at the moment.

> If I really did replace
> the stock cam with a euro one then it sucks cuase it doesn't pull
> better than stock--at least not enought to notice.

    is it a 1.8 still, or have you made it into a 2.0?  i think that i saw
it somewhere on this list that the 2.0 (especially a worked 2.0) doesn't
respond favourably to a euro intake cam.

> I think I need to
> measure again maybe I read it wrong.  You measure the biggest part of
> the lobe then the smallest then subtract them right???

    i dunno...lemme know when you know for sure.

jason
the mad bastard