euro cam vs ameri cam

Hi all

B4 waterfest I put in a euro intake cam.  I thought I just replace the
cam with that was also a euro.  I recently put a caliper on it(an nice
one -friends dad is a machinist)  and  I measured .350 lift.  I called
tt they sait the euro was .380(or so) and stock .352.  I can't believe
the cam I had was stock, because it behaved exhactly the same after I
swapped it.  It feels the same.  The car has alway pulled hard to and a
little past 6500.  I have never been in a stock camed 16v that had much
past 6000--by there you are just making noise.  If I really did replace
the stock cam with a euro one then it sucks cuase it doesn't pull
better than stock--at least not enought to notice.  I think I need to
measure again maybe I read it wrong.  You measure the biggest part of
the lobe then the smallest then subtract them right???

the reason I know so bad is that i want to trade the old one with my
friend for Thule racks..
but I don't want to give him a stock cam

rambling at work......
Tony