Re: Rev Limiter

Alright, time to set it straight here.

I MAKE NO ASSUMPTIONS THAT THIS WILL WORK FOR ANYONE'S CAR...........YOU TRY
IT AND BURN A COMPUTER OR BLOW SOMETHING.....

DON'T COME WHINING TO ME.

Some else with a bentley please check into this and possibly test it out.

The rev limiter is controlled by the knock sensor brain, when an overrev
situation occurs, the fuel pump is cut out momentarily until revs return to
an acceptable level.

The knock brain does this by controlling the ground to the fuel pump relay,
if you cut the ground wire, no ground and no working fuel pump.  You will
have to cut the ground wire and re-connect it to any nearby ground. (this is
the way that the MkI and non-CIS-E cars are wired.

On the 16V this is a red/yellow wire that comes from terminal 10 of the
knock sensor brain and going into the fusebox at D13.  The rest of this
circuit is internal to the fusebox and continues to the 6/T connector of the
fuel pump relay.

I have done this to a MkI when grafting in a 86GTi CIS-E system and it
worked.  That motor would tach to the 3/4 line on the fuel guage no problem
(just don't tell Keith D) :-)

Brian Honnold