Re: Bilstein or Koni?

At 08:17 AM 8/13/99 , Jim Jarrett wrote:
>At 11:30 PM -0400 8/13/99, Brett Van Sprewenburg wrote:
>>>I am ready to upgrade my suspension and wanted to know who has used
>>>the Bilstein Sport and the Koni (yellow) adjustables.  I have a set of the
>>>Neuspeed Sport Springs and am running now the Boge Turbogas.  This
>>>setup seems bouncy and not very solid.  I am looking for a firm ride with

>Yet my convertible, with H&R's and Turbogas shocks, doesn't seem
>bouncy at all.  (From what I remember....it's been offroad too long)
>Driving it, the car seemed on rails, no bounce at all.
>
>Wonder what the difference is......

That's a good question, Jim, cause on the way to Waterfest, I was driving
in front of Ben, and I saw his front suspension go BOING! BOING! BOING!
And yet I have H&Rs and Boge TurboGas, and they're very well matched.  The
setup still bottoms a bit too much on the horrible roads here, but it's
substantially better than stock in all areas.

Bens are either defective, blown, or his springs are a lot stiffer (for
whatever reason) than they should be.

Got me on this one, Ben....

Jason