Re: Bilstein or Koni?

>I am ready to upgrade my suspension and wanted to know who has used
>the Bilstein Sport and the Koni (yellow) adjustables.  I have a set of the
>Neuspeed Sport Springs and am running now the Boge Turbogas.  This
>setup seems bouncy and not very solid.  I am looking for a firm ride with
>good handling.  I may be getting into autocrossing sometime as well.
>So, any thoughts would be appreciative.  My biggest question would be
>would I miss the adjustability feature of the Koni's if I went with the
>Bilstein's?  Are the Koni's worth the extra $100 (or so...)?
>TIA
>__________________________________
>Benjamin Harder

I don't tweek my Konis very often, just when I'm taking the family
for an extended ride.  Softening the ride helps a little then.  It's
not just being able to adjust the shocks though, it's being able to
try and help balance the car front to rear, by trying to dial in a
little softness up front, while stiffening up the back.  Being able to
play with and set this balance is some-what worthwhile.  For all I
know, the Bilsteins probably have this 'balance' dialed into them
already...but it's set the way they like it for good. :)  What ever
you like Ben...they're both the best replacement shocks available.
You probably wouldn't be dissipointed with either set.

==Brett