RE: exhaust options?

I've used several Supertraps in the past...   ...never again!  I've had a
stainless unit, but the guts are still mild steel.  The problem I
encountered was that the bolts that hold the disks on would freeze up, even
with anti-seize.  When I needed to have the emissions sniffed, most of the
bolts would break or the threaded hole would release.  This would cause the
bolt to just spin freely and not turn out for removal.  I would have to
grind off the heads of the allen bolt to remove the disks.  The idea of a
tunable exhaust is great, it just didn't work for my street application.
 Also, it produced a "police attention getting" rasp reminiscent of a super
bike...

Brooke Fairbanks
Savage, MN  USA
87 Scirocco 16V