RE: Rear calipers w/ E-brake trouble

IIRC, they are the same. There are people who report having no problems
with them over large amounts of time. Consider yourself lucky! How well do
you maintain your car, both in terms of brakes and in general clenliness?
A number of the other people I can think
of off-hand are also either midwesterners or upper-eastcoasters, where
they experience similar weather. If you've survived in Minnesota that
long, congrats!

My goal is to either find a set that works forever (the car should never
see another winter as long as I have it and a garage to store it in) or to
go with aftermarket calipers. I'm looking into Willwood with Dave at South
Central Imports (are you a Volksport member, by chance?).

Neal

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Brooke Fairbanks wrote:

> What's the deal then with my 87 GTI 8V rear calipers...  ...I've never had
> a problem with them (over 100K miles) and I believe they are the same as my
> 87 Scirocco 16V.  Yes, No?

			Neal Tovsen