Re: strut bearings

--- Doolbnroht@aol.com wrote:
>     situation- upgrading my suspension, decided to
> go all the way and put in
> the hd strut bearings made by bonrath, imported by
> neuspeed. they were ill
> fitting to begin with because the holes were to
> spall on the top plate,
> problem now fixed. assemble the whole strut assembly
> with the bilsteins. the
> top bearing rocked back and fourth about 1 mm in
> either direction. made sure
> everything was tight and secure. still had the
> problem. i figured it was
> nothing too big and that it was suppose to do that.

==no, it's not supposed to do that. That's where you should have called
Neuspeed (or the list). It sounds like you have the wrong part.

>     pretty soon i get a horrible clunk from the
> front right of the car
> anytime i hit a small pothole or bump. finally got
> around to getting an
> alignment today, so last night i took the whople
> front suspension apart to
> figure what was wrong. i thought the strut insert
> nut had came loose.
> everything looked fine then i looked closer at my
> $200 a set strut bearings,
> each of the inner peices(the bearings) were broken
> in 5 places each. wtf? the
> things are toast. they only lasted me about 6000
> miles.by this time it was
> 5:30 and i had to be up at 7:30 to get the new stock
> strut bearings. $55
> later and an alignment to boot, the car feels 100%
> better and turns on a
> dime.
>
>     anyone else have any experiences like this and
> or know if neuspeed or
> bonrath will refund my $$$$$? tia!

==Bonrath has a reputation for the highest quality parts - if they did
indeed ship the wrong part, they should refund the cost of the part.

===
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM