Re: Will the VW 5 cyl fit in a rocco?

Remember the old Chrysler in-line slant six? Just to throw a curve.
John

"John C. Worden" wrote:

At 03:39 PM 8/11/99 +0100, Jonas Karlsson wrote:
>Hmm, that's different from what I've heard. IME I-5 *does* mean inline-5,
>but not inline as "in line" with the axis of the car, but inline as
>opposed to  a "vee" engine.
>
>In other words, the cylinders are "inline" instead of offset. Mostly used
>to describe 6 cyl engines where many are V6's and many are I-6's
>
>engine positioning is of little or no importance in naming.

You're right.  It means nothing about how it is mounted.  Like are cars
were listed as an "inline four cylinder motor, transversely mounted."

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(Mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V.  The engine is in/
and all electrical is pretty much done.
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)