Re: My '84 Jetta GLi SLC

There was no Jetta SLC dude. Cars back then were
only GTIs GLIs etc...None of this multi-acronym shite
i.e. Golf GTI GLX, etc..
no VW literature (I have the 84 US VW brochure)
mentions it or any magazines or books and no one
else has ever seen one. A dead giveaway is if
you compare the font of your SLC badge to the GLI
tag. the SLC font is well  more modern than the
the classic GLI/GTI font of that era.
The GLI's are cool and much better built than the
Rabbit GTIs. I lusted after a 2 door silver one
5 years ago before I bought my 16v. Enjoy yours!
Kareem
'88 16v