Re: Roc with 84 GTI engine wont turn over

Yah, Try to recondition the Alt connectors, the Battery post connectors,
the Ground Strap to Eng. mount & Chassis connections.  Get another car
connected with jumper cables and try it again.

- Plus, replace the oil and filter before you go any further.
- Tap the starter with a hammer, gently but firmly, (tap, tap, tap) to
engage the stuck actuator built into the Starter/solenoid.
- Unplug and replug the Fuse Box connections, but only one at a time, on
the back of the thing to reestablish the connections there. A shot of
some 'Electro-Lube' spray would be a good idea.
- Disconnect the bolts or 8mm sockets that hold the starter to the
engine and turn it by hand. Reconnect it and try again.
- Or just Push Start the thing, (replace the oil 1st!) and drive away.

TBerk
'81 w/ 84 GTI engine installed. You'll like it.