Re: New to list, new to Sciroccos

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:21:56 -0500 "Aaron Ness" <Aaron@makuta.com> writes:

>the other night when my wife found a roach on the floor of the car (no,
not
>the kind with legs).  As a result of that, I intend to take it to the
police
>and have their dogs sniff it as soon as I can get it on the road.
>
>Kind of a strange situation, I know.  I don't know the guy and don't
>associate with his kind.

That would be a VERY stupid mistake. Even tho it wasn't your car and is
obviously NOT your drugs, you can be held liable for anything found in
the car! You cant prove its NOT yours and since it IS your car, guess who
could get arrested for possession? That's right, you.

Im not saying that would happen, depending on the cop, it COULD happen.
Ive seen it before. I know you have great intentions, I just would hate
to hear something bad happen to you because you were trying to do the
right thing.

My prime example of this was a woman who's son uses crack went to the
crack house that her son frequents. She buys some crack, goes home, calls
the police to tell them where she bought it from and they arrest her for
possession. She had good intentions, the best, she went about it the
wrong way and went to jail for it. It could happen to you.

So, your best bet is this weekend make a day of cleaning out your car.
Remove the seats (front and rear) and vacuum the entire interior of the
car including the trunk. Pull up the carpets (if you can) and make it
really clean under there too. Besides, your garanteed to make $1.39 in
change anyways. Anything more is a bonus!
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and