Was: Scirocco 1.8T Now: My head needs rebuilding, damnit...

That's a good price, but it still makes me dizzy when I think that I'm
hesitating to spend $200 to get my head rebuilt... but I'm going to do
it!
I finally ordered exhaust for my Rabbit... (PaceSetter, we'll see if it's
crap or not). I got the intake manifold gasket, the exhaust manifold
gasket, the manifold studs, nuts and washers too, so that I can finally
put on my Autotech header. I replaced my fuel distributor, two injectors,
injector seals, spark plugs, cap and rotor, fuel filter... all in my
quest to make my engine run right. It still doesn't. While I was
replacing the spark plugs, I thought I'd check my compression, since the
only other time I'd checked it was when the valve timing was all off and
I got 205psi even across the board....
so I got around 160psi in cylinders 1,3 and 4, which I figured is pretty
damn good for a JH.... but cylinder 2 is at like 90-100 psi, and only
about 110psi even with oil in the cylinder... so I figure that my valves
need redoing...
So at about $150-$200 for headwork (if I bring them the head), and like
$50 for headgasket, bolts and washers, it looks like I'll have to take
her off the road for a bit until I have that much money.
I'm hoping the QSW will take only a few dollars to get back on the
road... I ordered a rear caliper rebuild kit, and then it just needs a
small crack in the exhaust welded and it's all set. (sigh) The day that I
have enough money to put both of these cars on the road will be a great
day indeed.
	Anybody have any comments or "Don't do that!!" s?
	I'd put in a 2.0 but that would be $200 more, lots more time, and it
would bump me out of DSP. Someday I'll be able to afford a DSP car AND a
2.0 : )
	Thanks,
	Josiah