Re: Brake Conversion Questions

Assuming those cars do have the 10.4" rotors (I think you're right that
they do), then you need the calipers and possibly the brackets that hold
them to the hub as well... and they might not work. The ones from a 16v
Scirocco definitely do, I don't know if the brackets are different than
the Golf.
	Your calipers will definitely NOT work with these rotors.
	Just as a side note, I have new front pads (Jurid), good rotors (almost
new, stock), new rear drums, new wheel cylinders, new shoes (Bilstein),
new cables, adjusted correctly, on my '84 GTI, and the brakes feel GREAT.
I personally don't see why anyone would want better. I can easily lock up
the front wheels at any speed. Maybe fade would be an issue in a
competition situation, but for a street car.... stock is awesome, just
get it all in good condition! Oh yeah and completely brand-new right from
a sealed bottle bled through all the way to all 4 corners Castrol GT-LMA
helps too...
	HTH!
	-Josiah