Re: CV joint tips

- Shawn C Meze <skerocdriver@juno.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Aug 1999 15:41:45 +0100  Ewan Hopkins
> <Ewan.Hopkins@computeraid.co.uk> writes:
> >Giving in so easily? Traitor! ;)
>

> Im not going to argue with Dan whether or not its
> the best way. To him it
> is and that's how he likes it and that's perfectly
> fine by me. There is
> no right or wrong answer here, this is a preference
> and simply just
> another way to do it. I disagree with his technique
> but don't think he is
> wrong either.

===agreed - a matter of preference.

==I never remove the ball joint when doing axles on my Sciroccos. I do
it this way because I think it is easy. Never had any problems.

However, on A2 VWs, I always undo the ball joint.

===
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM