Re: [tech] wiring problems/questions

I had a similar problem last week... It was a Friday night actually, heading
out to pick up a couple of girls downtown when my ride just stalled out for
no reason. I was gonna blame it on my mechanic, who had managed to screw up
my stereo wiring when he installed the new 5-speed, but it turns out (after
a tow home and complete wiring inspection) that it was simply the fuel pump
relay ground wire, which had shaken itself loose on the intense drive back
from the shop! Needless to say, had I a flashlite I would have seen the
problem and I wouldn't have had two girls waiting an hour for me downtown! I
am currently installing more courtesy lites and have wired up a fuel-pump
cut-off switch for security purposes.

Pete
1980 Scirocco 1.8l

----
I just got my 82 8V back from the mechanic after a mysterious stall/no
start.  After reading previous posts, I figured ICM or something electrical.
  the mechanic said fuel delivery system (relay, fuel pump or something
else?) Anyway, it runs fine now after he messed with the wiring.  I'm not
sure he actually found a problem.  Didn't charge me a whole lot, which was
good.  Anyway, he claims the wiring harness needs replacing.  Anybody out
there want to comment on this scenario?  by the way, this problem, stalling
after running for about 5 min. and coming to a stop in a busy intersection,
happened about 3 months ago and then went away.  TIA
Jeff
----

file attached: warning-fbi.txt/469 bytes

|ID-99032178  Subject: Jacobsen Pete|
|FBI Record of Aliases and Sightings|
|Fluid WD       http://Fast.to/Fluid|
|Profile    http://come.to/myprofile|