Seattle Scirocco Cruise-out 99' is finalized, well sorta....

Welp, the 2nd annual Seattle Scirocco Cruise-out is less than 2 weeks
away so I think its time to finalize the cruise plans.

  The cruise is happening on August 14th, which is a Saturday, and will
probably run for 1/2 - 3/4 of the day.  The cruise is open to ALL
Sciroccos (preferably ones that run - more on that later) and also to
some other select vehicles (those who want/need Sciroccos really really
badly  =p ).

  The most likely scenario that the cruise will take is the following:

1)  Meet at 8:00am somewhere along Interstate 90 where we can all get
onto the freeway without being cut off by traffic lights - still working
on this...  Possibly the Albertsons in Eastgate or further west (so as
to get the more pavement to cruise on).  If anyone knows of a good place
to meet along I-90 that is near Eastgate or further west, PUH-LEASE
speak up.

2)  After shooting the sh*t for half hour to an hour, we head out on
I-90 eastbound where our first stop is going to be Snoqualmie Falls.
Its amazing the number of Seattle area Scirocco owners who have never
been out there.  I figure we do that first because I believe if we go
later in the day we might not find parking, ACK!$#!$#@!$@  I am guessing
we will spend an hour to an hour and a half here.  There is a short
(easy) little hike down towards the base of the falls that we will
probably do.

3)  Once we leave the falls we will continue east on I-90 up to the West
Summit of Snoqualmie Pass.  I figure this is a good spot to stop and
take a break, and incidentally it might be a good spot for a large photo
opp if not at Snoqualmie Falls.  At this point we are left with 2
choices.  We can either rest here for a while and do a BBQ/Picnic or we
can drive a mile or two up the road and stop at a small bridge which is
over Gold creek.  The stop at the Snoqualmie summit offers better views
of the surrounding mountains, but the creek is also nice.  I am guessing
we will play it by ear.  The summit also offers even better views if you
hike up the ski slopes.  Anyways, I figure we probably spend an hour or
two up here as well.

4)  Now for the return trip.  We head back down I-90, westbound, and I
think a stopover in Issaquah for a late lunch/early dinner may be in
order.  So far I have been thinking that the Issaquah Brew Pub and
Eatery would be nice, but depending on the number of people we get I may
change that.  If you arent 21 no worries, I believe you dont have to be
to get in.  If you have to be 21 then I will find another location
(before the cruise out date) in Issaquah to accomodate our party.  Once
we are done there, its "to each his/her own".

   Keep in mind that this is the general plan.  Once the plan is set in
stone (waiting on meeting place and dinner location) I will send out
directions for those that need it.  On the day of the cruise we will
also go over the general route so should someone get lost somehow, they
can find their way there.

   Also, if anyone has any good means of communicating while on the road
please bring them.  I know of a few people who have CBs but should you
have a 2 way talk radio, those might work better.  Regardless, if you
got something to communicate, let me know.  Its good to have someone at
the front of the pack and someone at the back of the pack who can
communicate should someone have problems and need help.

   Finally, if you plan on attending please inform me.  If we get a
large party that cruises and plans on sticking around for the late
lunch/early dinner, I may need to make reservations, so it is VERY
important that you tell me if you are going to make it or not.

   Lastly, I am considering having a "tech day" on Sunday the 8th for
those of you that want to fix some last minute stuff before heading out
on a road trip.  If you wish to attend that, please inform me.  Anyways,
enough for now, I will update y'all in the next few days after I figure
out how many people to expect.  Keep on roccin.....