Re: wayward vacuum line: 1988 16v

Victor,
	That hose should go right past the battery and then will probably be
hanging there. :)
	I'm assuming your intake system is not totally intact-- most of us have
drilled the box and/or removed the warm-up box thingy on it.  If so, that's
your reason.  Before entering the airbox, intake air originally entered a
box with a flap in it that was also connected via another hose to the back
of the exhaust manifold.  When the engine was cold, the flap was
shut/open/whatever, and the engine sucked in air from near the manifold to
help it warm up more quickly.  I yanked mine and noticed no difference in
cold weather driveability...
	If your car also has had its little box removed, just plug up that vacuum
line and forget about it.... If it's not connected to anything now, you're
running lean, and you will no doubt notice a little increase in power and
running smoothness when you plug it.

	Jason