CV joint tips

Just finished replacing both the boots on my driver's side axle on my 16v.
Thanks to whoever put the pics up on scirocco.org! I do have one addition
to the page: an easy way to remove the axle without removing or separating
the ball joint. Just remove part of the shift linkage. The selector lever
is held to the transaxle with just a 13mm nut, takes 2 min to remove it.
Then, turn the steering wheel to the left, but not all the way, maybe a
half turn before the end.  You can then put the inner end of the axle
where the shift linkage was, and have enough clearace to  remove the outer
end from the hub.

Dan