Sad day in 'rocco land......

Ok guys... i just crawled under my rocco, and say that the about half of the tranny is covered in either tranny fluid or motor oil.  It seems to be comming from the drivers side where the shaft goes into the transmission.  My dad seems to think that the cv joint is going to either be replaced of rebuilt.  does anybody have any extras lying around?  in case this makes a difference.. it's an 88 16v.  right now $$ is kinda tight so i'd like to get out of this whole ordeal as cheap as possible, and only being 16, i'm really not too sure about what this is going to cost.  Any ideas??
thanx guys, (and girls.. i know theres a few out there...  somewhere. . .)
corey muscavitz