brake pad opinion

hey y'all, i know that this is has been done to death, but that don't
matter...cuz i can't remember what the verdict was.

	i'm going to be getting my brakes replaced before i go down to cinci,
next thursday (YAY!).  AFAIK, all i'll have to do is replace the pads
(tho i may have to get the rotor's machined too, don't know yet)

	anyways, i went to a place called Frisco's that deals only in audi and
dub bits, and picked up a set of no-name semi-metallic pads.  total
cost: $55.  the guy says that he had mintex as well, but they were
nearly twice as much.  he assured me that these were great pads and
whatnot, but wouldn't you say the same thing if your next meal depended
on selling the product?

	so what say the masses?  are no-name pads a waste of time and money?
should i go with the mintex, or is there something else out there that i
should be aiming for?  i have the 16V rocco brake setup, BTW.

	also, the guy had bremi plug wires for sale.  what's the opinion on
this stuff?  should i do bosch?  he has them in stock, but says that
they're a waste of money...

	i'm starting to sway away from the bosch silvers a little bit.  this
guy has the silvers, but is telling me to go with beru plugs instead.
i've never heard positive or negative about them.  in fact, i don't
recall hearing anything at all about them, which could be either + or -.

	alright people, let's see them opinions...it's T minus 166 hours and
counting until i'm on my way down to cinci, and i wanna make sure that
all is well before i go.  thanks a lot!

jason
the mad bastard