Re: 4 point harness question.

Using the rear stress bar as a belt anchor should be fine provided the bar is
securely anchored to the strut towers.  Higher is better b/c when the car
rolls, the compression on your spine will be less due to the higher mounting
point.

BTW, how do your shoulder harnesses attach?  Bolt-on or wrap around.  If you
have enough belt material, slide the bolt-on attachments off and wrap the
belts around the stress bar.  Otherwise, weld-on some tabs to the bar.

--- A1SCIROCCO@aol.com wrote:
> I just put a 4 point harness in my car attaching it to all the stock points.
>
> I've read is better to have the rear belts higher up preferably in line with
>
> the shoulders.  Since i dont have a roll cage this is impossible.  So i was
> thinking maybe i could attach the two rear belts to my Eurosport rear stress
>
> bar.  It is alot higher than attaching the belts to the rear anchor points.
>
> Do you think this is dangerous?  I can't imagine the rear stress bar coming
> off unless it was hit directly by the strut towers.
>

> Thanks, Matt
> 84 8v

===
Matthew Yip