Parts car anyone?

Me again.  :)

I saw a 'rocco for sale yesterday in Cincinnati.  It's an '86 8v,
mostly maroon, and in pretty sad shape as it's had a couple of front
end collisions.  The guy has replaced the fender / hood... fender is
from a red 16v - some of the glue for the bodykit is still on it.  The
hood is silver.  Doors appear to be ok, front strut towers are kinda
rusty.  I didn't note the tranny code, but assume it's stock.  No
stereo, though the hatch has cutouts for speakers.  Interior is tan
cloth w/ brown dash that has a 2 inch crack.  Car has a sunroof, and
the a/c supposedly works.  Brand new tires on 13" "tarantula" rims.

The car does not currently run.  It'll crank, rev up and die
immediately.  Any ideas as to what it might be?

Let me know if anyone's interested...  or has a clue as to what might
make it run.  The guy's had it in his yard a couple months and his
wife wants it GONE - NOW.

==
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry