Dying vinyl

As usual, I ignored a post that had relevance to my project, so sorry about
the rehash.  Didn't someone post a while ago about dying their rear interior
panels black?  What was the outcome of this?  After looking at the panels
from the 81 I'm building and the panels from the 81 that is the donor, I like
the donor panels but they're red and I need black.  So whomever it was, or
anyone that can help, please email me with info and details.

TIA,
Stewart