SV: Factory Fog Lights [WAS: RE: Chrome Bumper & Light???]

The ignition must be on but it's working on it's own compared to
parking and driving lights.
First step is front fog lights and second step is front and back
fog lights.
In your motor compartment, just behind the master brake cylinder
you have a two pin connector, I think one of the wires is yellow
or yellow/white and the other white, this line is relayed on the
electric central. Wire your fog lights from this connector, put
a relay in the right place and your front fogs should be working
fine.

Roland Johansson
Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker

----------
<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Ämne: RE: Factory Fog Lights [WAS: RE: Chrome Bumper &
Light???]
> Datum:  den 25 april 1999 21:55
>

> > I too have the factory fog light switch. Your talking about
> > the third switch
> > on the right side under the hazard switch right?  I think
this was an
> > accessory that some VW dearlerships offered when the car was
> > new.  Although
> > my car did not have any fog lights when I got it, the
> > mounting points for
> > them were there so i just added my own.
> >
> > Brian 86 16v
> >

> Yup, that's the switch. Does yours actually turn the lights
on/off? If so,
> could you explain how it works? Such as:
> - Does the ignition have to be on?
> - Do the low-beams have to be on?
> - If the high-beams are on, do the driving lights shut off?
> - etc, etc...
>
> I'm getting some euro headlights soon, and I'll have to do the
re-wiring as
> per the tech proceedure on the Web site. As part of the
process, I'm

majordomo@scirocco.org.
scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org