RE: driveshaft & alloys

Yup. CV joints. They're not actually all that hard to fix yourself. Just
make sure you have your Bentley manual and the special "triple square"
wrench that looks like a Torx wrench except that it has 12 points instead of
6 (I forget the size...).

There's actually a pretty good how-to on the Scirocco.org web site. Check it
out!

Neal