Re: Replacing Axles & Bearings as a Whole WAS: Scirocco T-shirts

>-snip-
>My Question:  Is it just that much easier to replace the axle with CVs
>installed or better to 'roll my own'?
>

>Replace the whole thing and be done with it. The axle I put in was like,
>$59 bucks with a lifetime guarantee. Torn boot? New axle. Why bother
>rebuilding? Sometimes the joint costs more than a whole new axle!
>

>Zach

There's got to be a reason why they're so cheap...right? :)  Many
peoples experience has been that the re-mans don't last as long
as new...makes sense really.  If you're into that sort of thing, like
replacing them every so often...or the price is right...which it
sounds like it is.

==Brett