[Fwd: [gti-vr6] VW Power baby..]

This is a howl!!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [gti-vr6] VW Power baby..
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 07:49:07 -0700
From: "Greg Thrash" <Greg_Thrash@ocli.com>
To: gti-vr6@cobra.ccsi.com

Okay, I was driving home from a little mountain biking last night when I saw
something that really turned my stomach.  So I'm cruising down the freeway (12
from Santa Rosa to Sebastopol) and I notice some really white headlights in my
rear view mirror (it was still broad daylight..).  They were obviously
attached
to a jetta, so I'm thinking, hey, those look nice and bright, I wonder what
they
are?  Anyway, this white jetta gl passes me and I start to get disturbed.. The
thing is slammed to the ground, limo tint, etc, and two giant red "neuspeed"
stickers are plastered across the hood at an angle, facing out.  As the guy
rolls by, the coup de grace: in 10" Blue letters across the rear bumper,
"Layin'
the Volkswagon Smack Down", which is terrible in itself, except that he also
missed centering it on the bumper so it wraps around the right side for a
couple
of letters!  Sweet merciful Christ on a crutch!  Now I'm all for layin' the
"Volkswagon"(sic) smack down any time of the day, but I'm not sure if that
jetta
gl with a 4" exhaust is really going to smack anything around (no offense to
the
8v folks.. I think those cars are plenty fun to drive, not exactly speed
demons
though.)  I think I'm going to need some counseling about this one..

VR6 content:  Please don't anyone _ever_ do that to your car!  Oh, and does
anyone on the list live in the Santa Rosa Area?  I've seen a couple of GTI
VR6's
around.. I actually parked next to a ginster in Sebastopol a few months ago,
but
I never saw the owner.

Later,
     Greg T. "Layin' the VR6 smack down since '98, beyotch!"