Re: HOR's suck!!! and you pay for it)->Was "don't suck"

Doug wrote:

> The car drives good but does not take bumps well.
> My MK1 drives Great but man you need to buckle up! I drove Kevin's 2.0
> 16v with Neuspeed springs and the same shocks and found that his car
> can take the bumps like a champ. I drove the same road that I drive every
> day and my 16v SLAMS in the same places each time.

I haven't driven anybody else's 'rocco (mine is the ONLY one I've ever
driven!) to compare, but I must say, my suspension setup does indeed kick
some serious ASS.  One correction, my springs are H&R, not Neuspeed.  At
one time that would have meant the same thing, but Neuspeed went to Gruber
springs about a year and a half ago, when H&R decided to go it in the US
on their own.  I also have Neuspeed swaybars that were installed at the
same time as all the other stuff, plus a Neuspeed upper tie bar.  Say,
anybody ever install a REAR upper bar?  I *think* they exist, don't they?
Any input - is this a good mod??

As for Autotech ANYTHING, I say avoid those guys.  They have a reputation
for surly customer "service" that I have also experienced personally.  I've
heard far more complaints than compliments about their exhausts.  And I
have heard many o' complaints about Hor springs over the years.. and beers..

I'm in need of a Scirocco fix.  I've been driving the new GTI for the past
2 days, and while it's an awesome, refined car, there's nothing quite like
strapping into the 'rocco and hurtling it into a few on/offramps and whatever
twisties I can find... I'm one lucky mofo, I have the best of both worlds -
- big 2.0 16V in an A1 chassis, and smooth, stout VR6 in Mercedes-like A4
chassis.  It's the best of both worlds!

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA