[Tech] Valve Seal Replacememt ?

Hi everyone,

I have a smoky 2.0 liter Audi 80 engine in my 81 scirocco with a '84 gti
head.  I suspect the valve seals and would like to replace them with the
head in place.  has anyone here done this, and can you give me some
hints ? I understand there is a tool that can be screwed in place of the
spark plug to attach compressed air and keep the valves from falling
down.  I don't know who makes it or if it can be made ? how easy/long is
this procedure ?

The car started smoking only when I started it.  it gradually got worse
over  a few weeks and now it smokes badly all the time.  The engine had
been re-built and put in the car for only a month before this started to
happen.  Could this been something worse like rings ?

Thanks for you suggestions,

Maurice De Vidts
'81 Scirocco S 2.0
'82 Yamaha Seca 650