Re: (HOR's suck!!! and you pay for it)

I drove a car set up like yours and it did drive OK.
You need a good tire size. Now if it were me
I would go for the 15x6 or 15x6.5 rims too. I think 16's
are too big! If you change rims your problem will
still be there. You need to ditch the HOR springs.
HOR springs are not good on 16v's. I am not sure
if they work on 8v's but I know that they do not work
on 16v's. The spring is too soft and too low.
I have H&R on my MK1 and they are much better
then the HOR's on my 16v. HOR's suck!!! and you
pay for it because you need a real spring to replace them.
Did you get them at Autotech? Next time call Mike Potter.
He will not push junk like HOR's on you. Your shocks or OK.
I had a set of them on my MK1. Not bad. But KONI is the best.
IMHO
Doug.

Message text written by Kevin Collins
>Michael Leach wrote:

> I really need a little help. I have an 87 16v with boge turbo gas
> shocks and hor springs  .......   but doesnt everybody who does not
> have the money for he really good ones....anyway as I was saying I
> recently purchased 16x7.5 Borbet rims with 205-45-16 tires and I am
> getting rubbing in the front on some bumps I just need a little more
> clearance.  Any CHEAP ideas to get about half an inch higher....there
> are plenty of expensive ones......  Thanks and just to let everyone
> know only on the list for 2 weeks and heading to Cincy the Rochester
> contingent is growing!!!!!!!!!

Just my opinion.. but 16x7.6s on a 'rocco are just plain too big.  Plus
you're hauling around a LOT of extra unsprung weight - not good for
performance at all.

Maybe you could swap for some 15x6.5s of some sort?  This would solve
your problem, though it may or may not be cheap...

--
Kevin Collins<