Re: lower stress bars

DaleWitt wrote:

> I don't know how many on the list use the sub-frame from AutoTech, but I added it
> because I was noticing some cracking even with the upper and lower stress bars,
> probially aggravated by s suspension system that does not give much.  Anyway, I
> welded the couple of cracks found and bolted up the subframe several months ago.
> It is like driving on rails now and NO signs of cracking....just a suggestion.
>
> Dale
> 86 2.0 16v rocco
> 82 2.1 16v rocco (Zender 400 w/NOS)

my friend had the autotech sub-frame on his rocco when he drove into a curb, the hit
caused the a-arm to bend 60 degrees, the tie rod bent, the ball joint bent!, the mag
was scraped and even the poly suspension bushing got torn! ... but the sub-frame
didn't move a millimeter! .. now that's insurance!

-nigel.
86 Scirocco
85 Scirocco
http://scirocco.psycode.com/