Re: stupid question

Sciroccos don't have transmissions, in the strict sense of the word. They
have transaxles. A transaxle is a combined transmission and final drive.
Most rear wheel drive cars have transmissions and a rear end (with the
notable exceptions of the Alfa Romeo GTV-6, Porsche 924/944, Corvette C5,
and others), whereas every front wheel drive car that I know of has a
transaxle.
    -Josiah
    '84 GTI
    '87 QSW