Re: [TECH][Cooling system]

>On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 05:01:18PM -0700, Tyler Zachau wrote:
>
>> What's the best way to flush out the cooling system? Do it yourself or take
>> it to a quicky lube place?
>
>Do it yourself. Quicky places won't do a thourough job and certainly won't
>use a phosphate free coolant.  I use the orange prestone 5-year that comes
>in the silver bottle. Most (all?) green coolants have phosphates, which
>can cause corrosion problems in cars with aluminum heads and iron blocks.

>Dan

This is the exact stuff I got to refill my engine when I put it back
in the car later next week...have you experienced any problems at
all?  Does it stay orange?

I just couldn't stomach the dealer prices on the coolent at
this point in my project. I'm nearing the end, and have just about
broken the bank and I'm a bit over budget, if you catch my drift.

==Brett