Re: [TECH][Cooling system]

On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 05:01:18PM -0700, Tyler Zachau wrote:

> What's the best way to flush out the cooling system? Do it yourself or take
> it to a quicky lube place?

Do it yourself. Quicky places won't do a thourough job and certainly won't
use a phosphate free coolant.  I use the orange prestone 5-year that comes
in the silver bottle. Most (all?) green coolants have phosphates, which
can cause corrosion problems in cars with aluminum heads and iron blocks.

> My 16v runs kinda hot sometimes even with low
> temp thermo and fan switch...

Most 16v's do.

> Also, is that Red Line Water Wetter any good?

Yep, good stuff.

Dan