RE: Broken Key?

In the bently there is a diagram of how to take the lock cylinder out.  You
remove the ignition as a unit from the steering column and then drill a
small hole at the right spot.  Then you can poke a hairpin or something
into the hole and the lock cylinder will come out and then you can remove
the broken key.

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop
'99 Passat GLX