Re: Fw: April 30 - Don't buy GAS - the Local Angle

I have to agree with Jennifer on this one, but the thing that bugs me the
most is emissions laws.  Anyone that has studied climatology will know
that the CO2 content in our atmosphere is much much lower than at almost
any point in earth's history.  Yet, environmentalists are concerned that
we are causing "Global Warming" by increasing the CO2 content of our
atmosphere.  This is bull, CO2 is a greenhouse gas, which holds heat in at
night (it blocks the long wave raditaion of the earth at night).  However,
current studies show that the CO2 content in the atmosphere already blocks
all the radiation, of a particular wavelength that CO2 can block.  So,
this means that if we add more CO2, NOTHING will happen! You see, all this
mumbo jumbo about global temperature increases? Guess what, those are
averages, on ONLY night time temperatures have increased! Day time
temperature averages have stayed the EXACT same!  Most progressive
climatologists today even attribute these night time temperature increases
to urbanization...you see, the temperature taking stations that were set
up 50-100 years ago, where probably out in the middle of nowhere, but now
cities and towns have cropped up around these temperature taking stations.
And as most people know, asphalt and buildings absorb and retain more heat
that plain ole dirt does, causeing an increase in night time temps....

Just food for thought all....especially since catalytic coverters put out
Sulfer monoxide....which does have potential to cause changes....

Eric
(Catalytic converter hating bastard)