Re: Q? on Breaking in a rebuilt motor

--- Rich Zuk <emt@imcnyc.com> wrote:

> So should I swittch to synthetics after the break-in period or just stay
> with organic??     Bottom line, the block seals did not leak with organic,
> do you think the synthetic may find a way to leak?

After the break-in period, you can switch to synthetics without much fear.
You won't know if the synthetics will leak at the crank seals until you try it
- of course, at that point it would be too late <bfg>.  Seriously, I can't see
it to be a huge faux pas - try it, you'll like it.

> Hope to see ya at Waterfest.

Dunno, I think I have a race that weekend.  Besides, it's a long way to tow
the car for an autocross and car show - my car ain't pretty, Hell, it ain't
even fast but damn if it isn't fun!!
===
Matthew Yip
mgyip@yahoo.com